Florida's Premier Mobile Home Skirting Company!
Licensed and Insured
FREE QUOTE TODAY!
Mobile Home Skirting Florida
The look of a manufactured home is significantly impacted by the style and type of skirting that is installed. The cost of modern skirting varies based on the amount needed and style selected. Keep reading to learn more about the available skirting option and which one best suits a home and homeowner’s needs.
A Closer Look at Mobile Home Skirting
One of the most appealing parts of any manufactured home is the customization options that are available. It is possible to choose all the elements from the appliances and shutters to the counters and flooring. It is also possible to choose the type of skirting used.
Improved Curb Appeal
Often called underpinnings, the skirting is put in the area that spans from the base of the home to the ground. The skirting is used to help secure the area beneath the home and to help improve curb appeal.
Types of Homes We Move
Price Out Getting Mobile Home Skirting Installed Today!
Benefits Offered by the Right Mobile Home Skirting
All the benefits provided by the right skirting make the investment in this component worth the cost. Some of these benefits include protection against infestations from rodents and pests, reduced insurance costs, temperature stabilization in the home, protection for the underpinnings and pipes from the elements, prevention of moisture buildup, and keeping small children out of the space.
Skirting Options for Manufactured Homes
Choosing the right skirting options for a mobile home can be complicated. The main reason for this is all the options that are available. Some of the most commonly used materials for mobile home skirting can be found below:
- Vinyl Skirting : A popular option, vinyl is both affordable and attractive. The process to install it is simple, which reduces costs. When installed, there are four main components involved, including the back, ground, and front track pieces and the panels.
- Simulated Rock Skirting : Another popular option, the panels for this skirting look like natural stones, which allows the homeowner to choose the look they want. Panels can adhere to the home or use an installation process like vinyl panels.
- Brick or Faux Stone Panels : With this option, the resemblance to real stones and bricks is very good, thanks to modern technology. Unlike the other options, this skirting is usually constructed using lumber. The biggest benefit of this material is the insulation benefits it offers.
- Cinder Block, Brick and Concrete Skirting : If someone is looking for skirting options that offer high resilience to weather all while offering insulation and security benefits, then cinder block, concrete, and brick materials are the best options. When compared to the other options, the installation process requires more work and labor, which can increase the costs.
- Metal Skirting : It is possible to find a few metal skirting options for mobile homes. The most popular are tin and steel.
- Foam Skirting : Referred to as “rigid home” this material will improve energy efficiency and reduce drafts. It can also be designed to look like pebbles, stone, or brick.
- Wood or Hardboard Skirting : Plywood and wood-based composites are not as popular for skirting. However, these are easy to install.